Skip to main content Get involved I need help now

I Need Help Now

Work through the following steps to help you recognise what you need

Step 1: Emergency – Call now

Are you in danger right now? Worried about your safety or seriously hurt?

Emergency medical help needed – recent overdose or dangerous self-harm or injury. Call 999 or go to the Accident and Emergency department at a hospital.

Step 2: Speak to an adult you can trust

If you are worried about how you are feeling or how you are coping with life right now speak to an adult you can trust.

If you find this difficult you may want to confide in a good friend and do this together.

Some schools in Kent have Education Wellbeing Practitioners in Schools or commission school counselling services . Speak to your tutor or another school staff member to find out what may be available to you in school.

Step 3: Get support via texting

ChatHealth is a confidential texting service for young people aged 11-19. It is run by the school health service and you can message about anything related to your physical and mental health. If you need help text 07520 618850. You don’t have to be in school to use this service.

Step 4: Not sure what you need

If you feel like you have signs of emerging mental health problems and/or are struggling with your emotional wellbeing and it is really worrying you then it might be good to explain your feelings to someone who can help you find what might help. This is when your feelings are starting to cause difficulties with your school work, friendships or family relationships.

  • SPA (Single Point of Access) contact – will help you identify the right people to speak to. You can explain to them how you feel and they will advise you on the next steps to feeling better. You may want to get someone to do this for you if you don’t feel able to.

KCHFT deliver emotional wellbeing services which can be accessed through the Single Point of Access. You can meet someone to talk about how you’re feeling, a particular difficulty or anything that is troubling you which you are finding too hard to deal with by yourself. Call the Single Point of Access ( SPA)  on 0300 123 4496 or make a referral at


Services you can contact directly without a referral

Advice and Information on Sexuality related matters

If you would like information on sexuality, or want to talk to someone about relationships or anything related to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or questioning sexuality and identity, BeYou provides social and emotional support for LGBTQ plus young people. Take a look at

Self Harm Concerns

Mind and Body helps young people explore the thoughts and actions associated with self harm

Drug and Alcohol Matters

If you are worried about your own drug or alcohol use you can contact Addaction. Young Addaction Kent provides friendly, confidential and expert advice on drugs and alcohol. Telephone 01795 500881. The office is open from 9am to 5pm

National support numbers

For information and advice on lots of different topics that affect your mental and physical health visit

You can also call childline on 0800 1111. It’s confidential and you don’t have to give your name if you don’t want to.